October 22, 2021
Starting a career in childcare cannot be possible without having a proper certification. Certificate 3 in Childcare is the introductory level course you can enrol in to make your dreams possible. These types of courses are designed so that you can learn all the necessary knowledge and get equipped with technical skills to find a job in the industry.
But many times, aspiring students fail to understand the basic aspects of this course and get disqualified. However, reading this blog will help you clear all your doubts and give you the courage to proceed further.
Can You Study From Home Online?
Though most of the courses are offered on-campus, specific colleges are also offering these courses online. This is due to the restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
So, if you are unable to attend on-campus classes, you can switch over to online courses, where you will learn through virtual classrooms, webinars, and workbooks.
Based on the current situation, experts think this model will continue for a few more years.
Read More:- What Are The Benefits of Choosing Certificate III in Childcare Course?
Know These Essential Elements About This Childcare Course
Working with children can be a gratifying career for any individual. This course will equip you with the specific technical skills and expertise needed to get an entry-level employment role in the sector of Early Childhood Education and Care Perth or anywhere else in Australia. Here we discuss some of the basic elements of this course that may help you.
What Will You Learn?
You will go through a combination of work placement and on-campus theoretical study. Thus, you will develop the practical as well as theoretical knowledge needed to create a perfect learning environment for the children. The following areas are covered in this course.
- Taking care of toddlers and children up to 12 years old,
- Building respectful and positive relationships with the children,
- Providing adequate support to children’s learning and play,
- Contributing to the overall development for children,
- Effective interaction with children,
- First aid for children,
- Sustainable practices, etc.
What Can be The Career Opportunities?
You can work with children of different age groups. Job roles usually include:
- Preschool assistant
- Childhood educator assistant
- Outside school hours aide
The Other Career Pathways
If you do not want an immediate job, you can choose to continue with further studies. You may go for the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care either immediately completing the Certificate 3 course or after gaining some professional sector experience.
You will need to complete a 120-hour placement training in a professional care setting, e.g. a day-care centre. Usually, for the placement, you have to attend at least one day per week.
The student does not need to worry much about it as the education provider can arrange it.
Course in Transition
Industry constantly introduces input into training packages to make sure that the course content remains relevant and specific. If this occurs, the course title, code, content, and units may change in the future. You should not worry about this point also as you will always be informed about it.
Entry Requirements for This Course
Different entry requirements for the Certificate III in Child Care include:
- Successful application for a Working with Children Check card,
- Age not less than 17 years,
- Desire to work in the field.
Total number of units
Successful completion of the course requires completing 18 units, of which 15 are core, and 3 are elective.
- To meet the course outcomes, you have to complete different assessment tasks. These tasks include oral, written, and practical assessment strategies that can be conducted online, in a classroom, or in a workplace environment.
- If you have to demonstrate the skills required in a workplace environment, you can either do it in your own workplace, using a specific institute classroom, or through a practical placement.
- Your institute will inform you about the types and dates of assessments. If applicable, you will also be notified whether there is an opportunity for appeal or reassessment.
What to do After Applying for The Course?
- After you have applied to your desired course, a ‘thank you email’ will be sent to your email inbox.
- In addition to this email, you may also receive another email to finish a Pre-Training Review online evaluation. The outcome of this evaluation will help the education provider customise the training that will suit your requirements.
- If you have any prior qualification, you can apply for recognition of prior learning, for which you will gain credits.
Fee Structure for The Course
Here we discuss an outline of the course fees and other associated costs.
- Tuition fees are usually charged on an hourly basis and varies from one course to another.
- You will have to bear different resource and material costs, which will vary according to the undertaking course.
- In addition, you will also need to purchase items like equipment, textbooks, stationery items to complete your course.
Four Different Rates of Tuition Fees
Of the four different tuition fees’ rates, only one will be applicable for your course.
- Government-subsidised rate: Depending on your age, history of qualifications, and the status of your citizenship, you may apply for a government-subsidised rate under the Skills First funding. If eligible, the entire training cost will be covered by the Government.
- Government-subsidised concession fee: This scheme will be applicable if you meet the eligibility for a Skills First government-subsidised place and hold a valid pension or healthcare card.
- Free TAFE: This scheme will cover some material and consumable fees associated with the course.
- Full fee: If you are ineligible for the Government-subsidised rate or concession fee scheme, you will be required to pay the full fee.
Read More:- How Certificate III In Childcare Is Helpful For Better Employment Opportunities?
One final tip is here for you. These fee structures can change anytime, depending on the circumstances. That is why we always recommend checking the websites of the child care training courses before enrolling in one of them.