June 16, 2021
Do you love to be with kids? Then, you may think of making a career where you will have the chance to be with them every time. Childcare in Australia is the perfect career pathway for you. The most significant reason behind it is that the childcare industry has become a prospective field in recent years.
According to current statistics, the number of women joining this industry has increased, which results in a rise in demand for childcare facilities. And so, it will be the best time for you to work in the sector of childcare.
Another big aspect of this job is that you can make an enormous contribution to children’s personal growth.
What Are The Requirements To Become A Childcare Worker?
You have to satisfy the following requirements to work as a professional childcare individual.
- First of all, you should have completed a Certificate III in Aged Care, Certificate IV in School-age Education and Care or a Diploma in Childcare from any distinguished college.
- A WWCC or the Australian Working With Children Check. It is done to check whether the volunteer has any past criminal records or not.
- We also recommend having first aid training.
Studying in a childcare course in Australia is the best way by which you can develop yourself as childcare professional. If you are an international student, it will also be a good opportunity for you to work in an environment of a completely different culture and improve your English language skills, as all of your workers and clients will speak English.
As the childcare sector is a highly demanding industry now, studying a childcare course in Australia will also ease your immigration process. You can even stay a bit longer in this country of beautiful landscapes and people.
The course duration is generally 39 to 45 weeks, and total costs will be around AUD 7000. At the same time, your average salary in the professional sector will be around $50000 each year. After you finish your course, you will find high opportunities for job placement. About 90% of the students get a job as soon as they complete their courses.
Read More:- How Certificate III In Childcare Is Helpful For Better Employment Opportunities?
What Are The Benefits Of Studying A Childcare Course in Perth?
We sum up some of the most attractive benefits of studying a childcare course.
- The course will teach you all the knowledge and skills required to work with kids and implement your plans in early childhood development since you can get to know all the physical, emotional, social, and physical requirements of the children.
- Studying in Australia will help you to improve your English language skills simultaneously. You have to communicate with teachers in English, read books in English, and interact with all other people, only in English.
- In addition to theoretical knowledge, you will learn adequate practical understanding, too, as you have to go through practical training in a professional setup.
- And finally, working as a childcare professional will help you get a permanent residency as it is on the list of skilled workers needed for Visas under Subclass 457. Its increasing demand across Australia and introduction of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) make this profession a stepping stone for getting PR.
What Are The Requirements And Soft Skills Needed To Enrol In A Early Childhood Education and Care?
There are even some requirements needed to study childcare courses, too.
- First of all, you should have a work visa (a student visa or a working holiday visa is acceptable). In general, an Australian student visa is required for any course to study in an Australian institute. In comparison, a work and holiday visa will allow you to work while enjoying a holiday here.
- An IELTS band score of 5.5-6.5 is required. You should not fear even if your English is not so fluent. You can get help from Child Care Courses Perth WA for preparations.
Following soft skills are needed for the course and the career as well.
- You should be able to work as a part of a team.
- You must have a loving heart for children and the ability to communicate with their parents, too. Patience is also a must-needed thing to work with children.
- You should have a very positive attitude because you will be working with children. Frankly, a positive attitude is a must for any sector.
- You should not step back from taking responsibility.
Read More:- Your Gateway To A Rewarding Career In Childcare With A Diploma In Childcare
By reading so far, you may have understood that the childcare sector will give you ample opportunities not only to enjoy a decent salary but also the companionship of those adorable kids. For specific information about available childcare courses in Perth, then you may check into the website of Child Care Courses Perth WA.