January 25, 2022
If you are currently in Australia, you may consider joining the community services sector to build your career. Especially if you are interested in working with children under 5 years of age, working as a childcare worker will be the best option for you. In that case, your first step will be to obtain a formal qualification, such as Certificate III in Child Care. This blog discusses everything you must know about this course.
Things to Remember About Cert 3 in Childcare
- The Cert 3 in Childcare (code: CHC30113) is formally known as Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- This course will help you prepare to build a future career in an early childhood care setting. You can also provide a safe, healthy, and caring learning environment for children.
- Completing this course will also help you develop skills to work closely with individuals from different cultures, ages, and backgrounds. You will handle children and communicate with their families and fellow educators to build together a holistic learning environment that maintains all health and safety standards for children. The skills you will learn from this course will help you become confident and understand how to help children having behavioral issues.
- While studying, you will go through practical hands-on training to be an integral part of a team. You can develop sustainable and creative educational programs while remaining compliant with industry-related requirements and policies. During training, you will need to apply various knowledge and skills gained from the course.
- Because Early Childhood Education and Care is a growing industry, obtaining additional knowledge and skills will always give you an extra edge in your career. Rather than taking up a job, you can also enroll in the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, and in that case, having basic knowledge will help you acquire advanced skills more quickly.
Read More:- Enhance Your Child Care Skills With Certificate III In Child Care
The Basics About Certificate III in Childcare Course
Before you apply for this Early Childhood Education and Care course in Perth, it will be better to know these important basics.
- Certificate 3 in the Childcare course is delivered over six months or nine months. If you choose the six-month course, a full-time one, you will need to attend classes two days per week. On the other hand, you will have to attend classes every second Saturday for the nine-month part-time course. Depending on your requirements, you may choose your option.
- The tutors will give you approximately 3 to 4 hours of homework every week.
- The fee is usually around $4500 if you choose the self-funded course. However, if you are eligible for Government funding, your standard course fee will be $400.
- As a part of your course, you will be required to complete at least 120 hours of placement in a professional workplace environment. Most students choose to work for a day per week to finish this component.
- Completing a Certificate 3 in Childcare means many career opportunities are available for you. You can become an early childhood educator, a professional nanny, or a teacher.
What Does This Child Care Course Cover?
The Certificate 3 in Childcare course comprises 18 competency units. You will learn how to take care of children under 6 years of age, make sure they learn from a holistic learning environment and encourage their overall development. As an educator, it will be your responsibility to make the children feel confident.
Apart from those 18 units, you will also get the opportunity to participate in various workshops, ranging from the job interview and resume preparation to nanny training.
What Are The Requirements For This Childcare Course?
You must satisfy the following requirements to enrol in this course.
- A minimum of 6 overall band score in IELTS Academic with at least 6 in each band
- A qualification equivalent to the Australian Year 10
Admission requirements may vary according to the country of origin. Therefore, before you apply, you must check this information.
Read More:- Eliminate Your Doubts Regarding Certificate III In Early Childhood Education and Care
Points to Bote About Professional Placement Training
You will need to complete professional placement training to complete your Certificate 3 in Childcare course. Here we discuss several points to note about this training.
- The minimum duration is 120 hours for those completing the Certificate 3 course.
- Throughout the training, your trainer will provide you with the necessary guidance and help you secure a proper placement.
- Though you will not receive any payment for this placement training, you will obtain valuable real-life experience. You can understand how a registered childcare centre’s daily operations are carried out.
Get Help From Child Care Courses Perth WA
Child Care Courses Perth WA is a top-ranked consultancy that provides necessary guidance about any child care course in Perth. So, you can get in touch with their representatives for any specific course-related information.